- The Seashore Book by Charlotte Zolotow – A book that encourages imagination and will transport you to the beach!
- Wonders of Nature – A Little Golden Book celebrating nature
- The Big, Big Sea by Martin Waddell – A moving book about a girl and her mother who make a memorable visit to the beach one beautiful night. The illustrations are luminous and something that you just have to see for yourself! Here’s a peek.
- Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag – A Newbery-winner published in 1928 by the author of The ABC Bunny. We had a grand time repeating the extremely catchy phrase, “Cats here, cats there, cats and kittens everywhere. Hundreds of cats, thousands of cats, millions and billions and trillions of cats!”
- Kitten’s First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes – A Caldecott Medal book about a kitten who thinks that the moon is a bowl of milk.
So, is it worth reading an “adaptation?” My answer is yes, just make sure to beef up with a lot of great go-alongs!